It”s time to bring the second edition of our monthly cook up. This time around we’re featuring Adit from the dynamic duo, Horrorshow.
After a massive six months for the guys with the release of their second full length album, Inside Story plus an ARIA nomination for their debut record, The Grey Space and a support on Urthboy’s Spitshine tour, there has been no rest for the lads and it’s only about to get more hectic. To coincide with the monthly cook up, allaussie hip hop are happy to announce that Horrorshow will embark on their very first headline Tour in Feb-March 2010.
Horrorshow have seen a rapid but organic rise over the past 12 months, their second album featuring as Triple J Album of the Week and FBi sunsets Album of the Week. Their swelling fanbase is about as eclectic as they come, hip hop heads, indie kids and hipsters have all embraced their evocative brand of earnest, ego-free hip hop.
Don’t miss this chance to catch their growing reputation for explosive live shows. Please note W.A dates will be confirmed shortly. Tickets on sale Dec 18th. For your chance to win a double pass to the Inside Story Tour (closet show to the winner) check out Adit’s dope dumpling recipe below. It’s sure to spice up your weekend.
Momo Recipe (Nepali Dumplings)
1kg Pork Mince
2 White Onions
5 cloves of garlic
2.5 inches of ginger
2 Spring Onions
2 Coriander bunches
½ teaspoon Turmeric
2 teaspoons Cumin Powder
3 teaspoons coriander Power
2 teaspoons Chili Powder
1 pinch of Ajinomoto
3 tablespoons of oil
3 tablespoons of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 kg flour
Golbera ko achar (tomato chutney):
3 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of salt
½ coriander bunch
Spring Onions stems
2 tablespoons Chili Powder (or according to taste – you can also put in as many chillies as you desire again depending on taste)
You need a steamer, a few big bowls, a blender!
1. Start by dicing the white onions and tomatoes as finely as possible.
2. Cut off the stems of the spring onions and coriander, leaving only the leaves.
3. Dice the leaves of the spring onions and coriander as finely as possible. Keep the stems for the tomato chutney.
4. Grate the garlic and ginger as finely as possible.
5. Place the mince in a bowl.
6. Add all the finely diced ingredients and the rest of the ingredients/spices.
7. Use your clean hands to mix it all. Make sure all of the mince is mixed in with the rest of the ingredients, leaving no trace of raw meat.
8. Pour 1 kg of flour into a large bowl.
9. Add small amounts of water as necessary mixing with your hands to create dough. Be careful not add too much water too soon. The dough should be thick and tough.
10. Wrap the dough tightly in cling wrap to let it set.
11. Carefully take out small amounts of dough at a time.
12. Roll each small amount of dough thinly, and use a medium-sized cup about 2 inches in diameter to cut out circular shapes. This will be our momo pastry.
13. Use a finger to dip in a bowl of water and gently apply to one side of the momo pastry.
14. Use a teaspoon to take out small chunks of our momo filling and place in the momo pastry circles – on the moistened side.
15. Take one end of the pastry and join it with the opposite end (forming a semi-circle of sorts).
16. Slowly fold in small increments from one end of the pastry to the other. It can help to moisten the edges and gently clasp together the edges once they have been folded.
17. Continue until you run out of filling or pastry, whichever comes first.
18. Start boiling water for the steamer. Wait until water is boiling
19. Place momo in the steamer, and allow to cook for roughly 15 minutes. Make sure you check though! The momo is cooked when the outside is shiny and moist. To double-check just slice it open and see if the filling is cooked.
Golbera Ko Achar
1. Place tomatoes in a grill and heat for approximately 20 minutes at 150C or until skin is slightly burnt.
2. Place grilled tomatoes into a bowl.
3. Grate in all garlic.
4. Add the stems from the spring onions and coriander.
5. Finely dice the coriander leaves and add.
6. Add salt and chili powder
7. Use blending device and blend until consistency is smooth.
8. Serve with momo.