19 year old Brooklyn rapper Joey Bada$$ is set to release his highly anticipated debut album “B4.DA.$$” (pronounced Before Da Money)on the 20th January 2015, which is also his 20th […]
19 year old Brooklyn rapper Joey Bada$$ is set to release his highly anticipated debut album “B4.DA.$$” (pronounced Before Da Money)on the 20th January 2015, which is also his 20th birthday via Cinematic Music Group / Pro Era / Sony Music.
Featuring the current single “No. 99”, plus “Christ Conscious” and “Big Dusty”, the album features collaborations with some of the biggest names in the hip-hop world including Action Bronson, Raury, BJ The Chicago Kid and Chronixx, with production by the likes of Statik Selektah, DJ Premier, J Dilla & The Roots, Basquiat and Kirk Knight.
Joey Bada$$ first turned heads in 2013 when the Brooklyn rapper released his critically acclaimed debut mixtape “1999”. Downloaded over 2.3 million times, the mixtape went onto be nominated for Mixtape of the Year by BET and received critical praise from outlets including Pitchfork and HipHop DX, as well as ranking in the Top 10 Albums of the Year list by Complex. In 2013, Joey was also named Creative Director at Echo Unltd (at the ripe old age of 18).
Since “1999” Joey’s released two more mixtapes “Rejex” and “Summer Knights”, the latter of which was successfully commercialized as his “Summer Knights” EP, and released through Sony Music in 2014. The lead single from the EP “My Yout” was launched via Zane Lowe on Radio 1 in the UK as the “Hottest Record in the World”. Joey went on to be named by Billboard as their hottest “21 Under 21”, and was crowned as part of the coveted XXL Freshman series.
Joey and his crew, Pro Era, have been praised as teenage visionaries, leading one of the most compelling cultural movements to come out of NYC today, and have taken their brand of smart and conscious hip-hop around the world selling out shows in Australia, Europe, the UK and the USA. Joey returns to Australia in late December for Falls Festival, and is performing two headline shows with Run The Jewels in Sydney and Melbourne.
B4.DA.$$ – TRACKLISTING
1. Save The Children (Produced by Statik Selektah)
2. Greenbax Introlude (Produced by Lee Bannon)
3. Paper Trail$ (Produced by DJ Premier)
4. Piece of Mind (Produced by Freddie Joachim)
5. Big Dusty (Produced by Kirk Knight)
6. Hazeus View (Produced by Kirk Knight)
7. Like Me feat. BJ The Chicago Kid (Produced by J Dilla & The Roots)
8. Belly of the Beast feat. Chronixx (Produced by Hit Boy)
9. No. 99 (Produced by Statik Selektah)
10. Christ Conscious (Produced by Basquiat)
11. On and On feat. Maverick Sabre & Dyemond Lewis (Produced by Freddie Joachim)
12. Escape 120 featuring Raury (Produced by Chuck Strangers)
13. Black Beetles (Produced by Chuck Strangers)
14. O.C.B. (Produced by Sam I AM w/ instrumentation by The Soul Rebels)
15. Curry Chicken (Produced by Statik Selektah)
16. BONUS: Run Up On featuring Action Bronson & Elle Varner (Produced by Statik Selektah)
17. BONUS: Teach Me feat. Kiesza (Produced by ASTR & Chuck Strangers)
Sunday December 28th – Saturday January 3rd Falls Festival
Wednesday January 7th Hi-Fi Bar, Sydney (with Run The Jewels)
Thursday January 8th Forum, Melbourne (with Run The Jewels)